Vacancy part-time office & administrative assistant
Hurricane Irma struck the island in 2017, damaging 90% of infrastructures and leaving thousands of people out of jobs. Moreover, it created an enormous amount of extra waste and construction debris, including a large amount of reusable materials.
This is how Waste2Work was born. Promoting entrepreneurship and circular solutions to reduce the amount of reusable materials that now end up on the island’s landfills. Through creative thinking, Waste2Work connects local challenges to innovative solutions. Sint Maarten could strongly benefit from a circular based economy, something that will also help to financially secure the future by creating new jobs and contributing to a diversification of the local economy.
One of the ways we offer support to starting companies is by creating a “SXM Innovation Hub” to provide a creative workspace where circular solutions can be implemented. It is the centerpoint for entrepreneurs to share ideas and support each other in their sustainable business endeavors. Currently in Sint Maarten, there are limited shared coworking spaces available and rent is expensive for aspiring entrepreneurs. Waste2Work has the vision to become a living lab where sustainable solutions are showcased to the community and will kick-start awareness in a positive way.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Office & Administrative assistant is part of a diversified team of young professionals all working towards serving a common goal – support local entrepreneurs in creating a more sustainable environment on Sint Maarten.
The ideal Office & Administrative assistant is an outgoing, compassionate person that wants to make a difference. The perfect candidate will have the ability to wear many hats allowing them to proactively support the project by being responsible for handling all receptionist & administrative tasks and overseeing the day-to-day needs of our office.
- Manning the reception; Answering phone calls and emails, Greet clients and visitors.
- Assisting the Finance department in handling administrative duties.
- Office supply assistance
- Scheduling meetings, maintaining client data and other office support functions.
- Minimum level of education required is High School Diploma, in combination with educational courses in business administration or office management.
- 1 year of work experience in office & administrative duties.
- A people-person who’s excited to be the first face build and maintain relationships.
- Fluently spoken and written English. Working knowledge of another language is a big plus!
- A proactive, positive problem solver who can adapt and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment, reliability, initiative, tact, integrity, and dependability.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; must be insurable.
What we offer
- An exciting position within a young dynamic team.
- Contract of 6 months, based on 20 hrs/week (part time).
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Gross salary indication between 2200-2400 NAF (based on fulltime), depending on work experience.
- Based on a local contract on Sint Maarten.
How to apply
Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference to Nina Bijnsdorp, before 9th of July 2019. Email Address: email@example.com
For more information about the position, you can contact Madelein Stiekema, firstname.lastname@example.org
An initial assessment of candidates short-listed is part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition for this vacancy will not be appreciated.